Step Smart Collier, Inc. is a nonprofit that collaborates with partners throughout the community to improve the quality of life for Collier County seniors by reducing falls among seniors that result in injury, disability or death.
History: Modeled after the Lee County Injury Prevention Coalition, North Naples Fire Rescue Department initiated the concept in early 2013 with the support of Lee Memorial Trauma Center under the direction of Chief Jorge Auilera. In July 2014, retired Naples Chamber president Mike Reagen assumed the Chair position to advance the mission. In July 2015, Keith Dameron assumed the Chair to expand the reach and capabilities of the organization.
SSCI Advisory Committee:
- Chief Jorge Aguilera, North Collier Fire/Rescue
- Michael Wynn, CEO Sunshine Ace Hardware
- Dr. Jaclynn Faffer, President/CEO, JFCS of SWFL and Naples Senior Center
- Kathleen Passidomo, State Representative
- Jeff Lytle, Retired opinion page editor, NDN
- Lisa Gruenloh, Consultant
- Donna Fiala, County Commissioner
For a presentation to your group or club, please Contact Us.
Our presentations may include:
- Displays of Home/condo fall prevention items
- Medication management/evaluations
- Complimentary balance testing with a written report
- Home safety item installation and information
- Tai-Chi demonstration and tips
- Legal advice
- Information on emergencies & 911
- Information on programs available for all seniors
- Senior directed fraud and scam information